SIVA has been active in the international market since 1958 as a producer of antennas and other products for TV installations. In 1962 they moved to Bonate sotto in Bergamo to increase their production capacity. Under the name FBE, they started producing their first models of coaxial cables to become a part of the VHF and UHF antenna production.
Simple 75 Ohm coaxial cables with a polyethylene foam dielectric and a single copper shield were soon introduced. Later, a complete range of radio frequency cables were introduced according to the stringent design criteria for the Mil-c-17 standards. (MIL STANDARDS EDITION 1940 from the USA).